Thursday, August 20, 2009

Week 2, Training Day 2

I came about 11 pushups short of the minimum I wanted to hit today. I credit the major upheaval in my personal life that took place yesterday, which has resulted in a lack of sleep, poor diet today and some depressive feelings to boot.

I'm reading in NYC this weekend at the Stain of Poetry series curated by Amy King and Ana Božičević (with Emily Kendal Frey, Phil Memmer, Jeni “truck darling” Olin, Zachary Schomburg, and JodiAnn Stevenson ), so I'm going to have to somehow find a little time and space to fit in at least one training day while I'm there, in order to stay on track with my training program. This is also going to mean significantly lighter partying than I'm used to doing while in that fair(ly dirty) city.

On the upside, I received a very nice note from Lee Bricetti today, Executive Director of Poets House, regarding this endeavor.

I've raised $300 to date so far. This is great but I've got to get more pledges to hit my goal. This should be too hard to do. If everyone who knows about this would simply pledge20 cents per-push-up to Poets House then I'm sure I could easily hit my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment